2012年5月7日星期一

Dream(сон) --N.Shorina (动画短片)

      不推荐乐观者看;因为会让人悲观;所以更不推荐悲观者看。最后是说其文字来自费多尔·陀思妥耶夫斯基,伊万·冈察洛夫,伊万·屠格涅夫。其中谈40岁那部分明显来自陀氏《地下室手记》,影片中也出现了陀氏的代表照片。其他两人只知道名字,不敢妄言了,但影片中有张照片可能是冈察洛夫。英文翻译题目为 "dream" ,但是通过 Google 翻译和 Wikipedia 来看 сон 字面含义是名词性的 "sleep"。

 下面 "Charlatan" 一词大概意为金玉其外,败絮其中的人,比较贴切的翻译应试“装逼犯”。当然这只能是俚语而不可作为书面语,而汉语中没有对应的书面语。或者“骗子”也可。其他没有一点困难的词了。

下面是贴的这部动画短片的字幕。


(Far, far away
      in the countryside
      where litter rivers of honey flow
      between steep river banks
      made of sweet cakes.
There rules the czar's pike
      the state pike
There rules the czar's pike
      the state pike.)

[Based on classic Russian novels]

I could never accomplish anything.
And now at the end of my life my mind is clear.
I fully understand that to become something in life
        you need to be a fool or a no good.
I firmly believe that not only great knowledge
      but any kind of knowledge is a disease.
Solemnly I say to you
      that I wished many times to turn into an insect.
But not even that could I accomplish.

(Sleep and dream, my little child,
 You're tired I see
       from that difficult life.)

I may be bitterly jealous of an ordinary man.
He's a fool, I grant you.
It's very likely that
       a common and ordinary man must be a fool
And all normal folk and active members of society
      are normal and active
      because they are foolish and limited.

(Sleep and dream, my little child,
 You're tired I see
      from that difficult life.)

And that is why
      I have buried myself alive
      in the poison of unsatisfied desires
      which gives me a strange and terrifying satisfaction.
I get pleasure from a clear understanding
      of my own misery.
One feels that he has reached the lowest depths
      and can never become a different man.
But why? I ask you.
Why does anyone need to change man?
All normal, active persons are forever busy
      building new roads, without
      knowing where they will lead.
But why, gentlemen?
Why do they love destruction and chaos
      even in their old age?

Vera, Vera…
Is it you calling me?
Yes, yes, sirs!
I loved.
I suffered.
But marriage is the grave of love.
And what could I give?
I'm a common and ordinary charlatan.
What is to be done
      if the only meaning of any intelligent man
      is to be a charlatan.
Doing work which is absolutely senseless.
Vera, Vera.
Forgive me.

(Sleep and dream, my little child,
I caress you.
I caress your fair hair.)

I'm 40 years old.
40 years is a  ripe old age.
Only bastards and idiots live beyond 40.
To live beyond 40 isn't decent.
It's immoral.
To all old people, to your face I say
      to all decent old people
      and satisfied old people
      openly
      I tell the whole world.

(Oh, sleep and dream, my dear baby.
I caress you.
I caress your fair hair.

Shiny cathedral of the east
      country of eternal happiness.
You who live without sin
      will dwell there forever.
Smoothly there the rivers roll
      clearer than tears streams of water…

Move there forever, my child
      my darling child.)

My God!
Jesus Christ!
Sinners are we.


{Texts used in this film are from novels by F. Dostoevsky, I. Goncharov, I. Turgieniev}

没有评论:

发表评论